Rear bumper & tire carrier.

I'd go with the LOD offroad one, just looks way beefier and more durable. small tube bumpers like the smitty built bend very easily. I just got rid of a OR fab bumper similar to that, made from .120 wall HREW tube, and it was so bent up and mangled.

If you do get a smitty built, first thing you should do is ideally strip it and paint it, or at a minimum, couple coats of color then clear. the finish will not last long at all, you will have rust with in a year... well, atleast here in boston that would happen, don't know about where you live.

I'm also looking for bumper tire carrier. I have 35s on 2009 JK I put teraflex adapter on (was warned)out at Pismo this weekend lots of bouncing broke the spot welds in tailgate. any suggestions of what brand is tuff

I have the LOD and so far it's awesome! I slid off a rock into a tree and landed on the gas can holder. The handle of the gas can was almost twisted off, but the carrier itself barely had a scratch on it.

If you go with the LOD check and see if the pin on the swing out tire carrier has the grease fitting on it. Mine didn't, but I had one to screw on so it wasn't a big deal. I've had mine on for 5 years and the majority of that time it had a 33"x12.5" spare on it and it's never looked like it was overworked. I just got my 35"s and it fits on there, but not much more room if you're planning on running 37"s or bigger.

I don't have any pictures to post, but the manufacturer website has some pretty good ones on there I think.

I'll probably be looking into getting the LOD one. :D But I have a question for you, JeepMonkey, is there an easy way to mount a CB radio antenna on it? I figure since you have it you'd be able to have a pretty good idea.

I'll probably be looking into getting the LOD one. :D But I have a question for you, JeepMonkey, is there an easy way to mount a CB radio antenna on it? I figure since you have it you'd be able to have a pretty good idea.

sorry it took so long to respond to this.....I haven't mounted my antennae yet. However, it seems like there is plenty of room and multiple places to suit your individual needs.

there is a smittybuilt on this wrangler we just bought, a front bumper replacement. what a piece of junk. it is totally there only for looks. the metal looks to be 1/16" thin walled tubes.

Back