Going to look at this YJ Today (Whaddya think?)

hossenfeth

Hey Fellas and Ladies,

I found another jeep:

1993 Sahara 6cyl, 5speed, Hard top, Hard doors, Never been offroad (for what thats worth) No liftkits or any modifications. 125,000 miles on the clock. He is asking $5,900 for it but I bet he would take 5k. Whaddya think....comments ....critisisims

TIA,

Mark

edited by: hossenfeth, Feb 16, 2003 - 03:50 PM[addsig]

Where's it at? Rust? Body and frame condition? If it's good...I wouldn't go above 5K. Mileage is getting high and it's 10yrs old. Offer the $5000. Good luck.[addsig]

I think it is a sad old Jeep and needs a new owner that will let go out and play once in a while! Never been off road that is just sad! give the man what you have to get and then get it dirty and fix er up. Tug[addsig]

Welp she may have never been offroad but had lotsa gawdy chrome crap on it :p horrible looking if ya ask me. Tires that stuck out about 2" outside the fenders and it had been wired for a huge stereo (hack job). Had about a half a million rockchips on her. I was not going to pay him the $5900 that he was asking but he would not let me drive the jeep to test..........well...at that time I picked up and left...was a little miffed about the whole deal...

Oh well if I look at one used wrangler per weekend maybe by this time next year I will have one in my drive.

Thanks for all the advice.[addsig]

That's way too much for that old and that many miles (IMO). I paid $5000, last August, for a 95 YJ with 70K on it, 200 watt system, best top and a bikini top, lock boxes, brand new tires.[addsig]

hossenfeth you lookin in the register for jeeps? there have been a couple nice ones in there i was looking at a couple of the YJ's they had listed but ended up buying a family friends XJ. if you want me to take a look at a particular one i can do it for you(i cant remember how far out of DM you are, if you want tho i can take a look at some of them and tell you if they're worth checkin out) good luck with the search[addsig]

Yup been looking in the register lately...I am looking for a 97 or newer hard top with less than 100k and I 5 speed....I have a 99 found with a soft top, 5 speed, and a 4 cyl That is spotless but has 105,000 on the ticker...for $8000...I have driven the 4 cyl down the interstate a bit and really don't have a problem with the power (drove a 4 cyl 5speed s-10 for four years). I don't know if I would like the 4 cyl after living with a V8 for the last four years......(sure wouldn't mind a bit better mpg at the pump).

: On a side note, anyone have an average miles to explosion for the FI 2.4?

FWIW,

Hossenfeth

edited by: hossenfeth, Feb 18, 2003 - 04:26 AM[addsig]

The gas mileage on the 4 banger is good...but it is a bit lacking in the power dept. I had a 4.3 chevy truck and I kind of miss being able to feel the power under my foot.[addsig]

I had as 4 cyl. And sold it because it did not have enough power for me, now I have a 6 cyl. And now alls right with the world. I think it is best to keep looking, than get the wrong jeep.[addsig]

The 4banger is no fun. I had a 00 TJ with the 4 in it and everytime I got to drive my gf's fathers Sahara it was a different world. Go with the 6. [addsig]

Back