finally got my axles swapped out

nutznky

Just got my axle swap finished today and man what a difference a new set of gears can make. I had stock 3.07's with a four inch lift and a set of 33's and even with the 4.0 it was a dog in 4th and 5th was pretty much useless. A friend of mine had a set of complete axles with 3.73's in them and gave them to me because he sold his jeep. I really wanted to go with a 4.10 but hey they were free and I am layed off right now so I figured why not use them and maybe upgrade again later when I can afford to. Made a heck of a difference compared to what I was used to with the stocker's. Even found out 5th gear actually still works in the old jeep. No trouble at all on the highway now, just cruises right along with everybody else instead of barely maintaining highway speed. It only took me and my dad about four hours to do the swap so we got out the wire brushes and scrapers and gave the under side a good going over and throwed on a little fresh paint. Looks awesome nice and clean instead of the old surface rust everywhere. Don't do a lot of crazy wheelin but do enjoy a little trail riding so I can't wait to see the improvement from that aspect of it. Jeeps are really amazing, versatile vehicles. They are simple to work on and maintain and as dependable as anything I have ever owned and when It is time to play they are as eager as you are for whatever you throw at them!!!

Good to hear, that's a pretty good bump in gearing to help out performance.

Back