death wobble

Wranglerman21

I'm having problems with my 2009 jeep wrangler. Anyone know what the problem would be if I get the "death wobble" every one and a while? Let me know what you guys think. The jeep is all stock

Could be any number of problems. I'd start by searching this forum for 'death wobble' and researching all the other diagnostics and causes recommended.

Check your Trac bar for worn bushings/loose bolts if you find anything take it back to a dealersship make them fix under warranty

is the jeep used off road check back side of rims for mud build up
are your tires balanced, is air pressure the same in all tires ,

To elaborate on the above posts a little more, there are several things that can cause "death wobble", but on an '09 you shouldn't be experiencing wobble unless either 1) You've wheeled the crap out of it already ;) or 2) you've done a lot of modifications. If it is stock it's more likely than not still under warranty so take it to the dealer and let them fix it. If it's not stock, then there are a bunch of things you can check. If you've had it lifted, than you'll need to have your alignment redone. If the alignment is way off, that can cause a wobble. If you have aftermarket wheels or spacers and they don't center properly that can cause a wobble (that turned out to be the cause of mine). In VERY RARE circumstances a bad steering stabilizer can be the culprit. It could be worn bushings around the track bar or elsewhere in the steering, but I wouldn't think with an '09 you should be seeing wear like that yet. I would suggest you start with having your tires balanced and your alignment checked (especially if you have aftermarket tires/wheels and/or a lift), assuming its not still under warranty.

Back