No Pressure on Clutch Pedal- Problem Area to look at?

hermesgrafix

Well, wanted to see if anyone has had any issues with not having any pressure on the Clutch pedal. Just replaced My Clutch, Pressure Plate, Throwout Bearing and Slave Cyl. Bleed the line, so I am sure I got all the air out of the system. Having issues with having to push the clutch all the way to the floor to get it in gear, then only lifting about 1 inch to catch. Dosent seam to get any pressure on the pedal, so I need some more suggestions.

1. Adding length to the rod on the slave cyl, to catch mabey about 1/4 inch?
2. Clutch Master Cyl could be shot?
3. Fork bent in the bellhousing?

Any suggestions, Thanks Mike

What vechicle,are we talking about here? I have a 91 yj 2cyl,5 speed,and need to change all that stuff myself,so I'll be following this thread.

Well, so far on that issue I spent 55.00 on the slave. Found a company in Arizona that has new ones, and they are a company that deals with clutches mostly, so I an trusting them. The problem is still there I came to the conclusion that the Clutch master is worn out as well. The fluid was almost black when it first drained, telling me that the seals were gone. No pressure is telling me that something somewhere is not sealing. If I had it to do again, I would do like some people suggested and got the pre-filled and I would have went with the kit, Master, Slave and line. Better to do all at once and fix correctly.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t the 1995 YJ the year the hydraulic clutch system can’t be bled? (As in the system comes sealed from the factory?)

No, You can bleed on the Slave there, is a bleeder screw on the top aft area of the Slave with a small hole in the side for the fluid to exit. It is all located on the outside of the bellhousing, so easy to get too.

I guess I need to do my home work,I was thinking that it being a yj, the slave cylinder was inside the bell houseing,as is with my 91 yj.

Update. Well got the new Master Clutch Cyl in today and installed and bleed. This was the problem with the soft clutch. Something popped the day all this happened and I guess that was the problem. Installed the new and pressed on the clutch and had pressure, now drives good again.

Back