95 yj 2.5l making a funny noise/sound

drdetail66

i have a 95 yj 2.5l with a 5 speed transmission ax-5.. i drive about 12 miles one way to work daily.. when i come to a stop and push in the clutch i hear what seems to sound like a whistling noise or kinda sounds like a tea kettle... i have checked all the vacuum lines and they seem to be ok... i have the transmission rebuilt about 2 yrs ago along with the clutch replaced as well..my jeep is never in the mud or off road and is pretty much babied.. this spring i had all the fluids changed throughout the whole jeep.. when i got to work the other day it was doing it pretty good and i raised the hood and could hear it but for the life of me i can't trace it down... has anyone had this sort of funny sound before and can help me diagnose this sound... thanks for your help

Sounds to me it might be the throw out bearing on your slave cycl (clutch, slave, throw out bearing)

Sounds to me it might be the throw out bearing on your slave cycl (clutch, slave, throw out bearing)
i finally figured it out.. i checked all that stuff too... thanks alot for your input.. but my manifold nuts had worked loose a little bit.. i never would have though it would have made a sound like that .. but problem is solved.. thanks again

Back