YJ Seat Differences

Fish!

Does anybody know if there is a difference in bolt pattern on YJ seats from year to year?

Trying to land a cheap set of replacements and I want to make sure they'll bolt right up.

I seem to remember a thread or wiki about replacement YJ seats being different after 90 or something, but I can't find it now.

Thanks for any help.

if you can find some cheap sahara ones, they are very comfy

No. the manner in which the seat bolts to the slider assembally and or risers are the same from 88-95, the way they bolt to the floor are also the same, the difference is that some years only had driver sliders, some only had pass side rear entry, some had both side sliders and both side rear entry, but bolt on wise, everything is interchangable.

Thank you guys.

Got a pair of decent replacements for $30 from a guy on craigslist. The Sahara seats I have in there now will go away. The top hoop on the driver side broke in half, so now it's like a (real) low back.

No. the manner in which the seat bolts to the slider assembally and or risers are the same from 88-95, the way they bolt to the floor are also the same, the difference is that some years only had driver sliders, some only had pass side rear entry, some had both side sliders and both side rear entry, but bolt on wise, everything is interchangable.

Well crud. Something is off. The new seats won't bolt to the sliders. The spacing on the seat bolt holes on the '92 seats is about 2 inches longer (front to back) than the spacing on the '90 Sahara seats.

I found a seat swap wiki here:
CJ/YJ Seat swaps - JeepForum.com Community Jeep Wiki

From his posts he says "AS OF RIGHT NOW, I AM WORKING OUT A THEORY THAT THE '87-'90 YJ SEAT RISERS AND SLIDERS DO NOT DIRECT BOLT TO THESE SEATS."

So, it looks like '87-'90 are something of an oddity.

Back on craigslist they'll go.

Sorry to mislead you, I find that odd, I've swapped seats a number of times from a newer YJ into an older YJ, I do not recall ever having any issues bolting them to the risers.

Back