2006 Wrangler 2.4 crankshaft postion sensor

rhess0150

Can anyone tell me where on a 2.4 liter 2006 Jeep Wrangler the crankshaft position sensor is located? The dealer told me mine was bad but did not have one in stock. I figure I can replace it myself and see if my problem goes away.

Thanks,

Did you ever get a reply? If not let me know and I will pm the loaction of your crank sensor when i get to my ALLDATA

I missed this one. It's on the right front side of the cylinder block.

329802.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been searching for my crankshaft sensor in my 2003 4 banger TJ and I cant find it anywhere!! I have followed just about every single cable bundle for over and hour, checking the front, back and sides. I cant find the damn thing anywhere. I have the replacement part sitting in my lap right now and its homeless. Someone help me out here! :???:

I have been searching for my crankshaft sensor in my 2003 4 banger TJ and I cant find it anywhere!! I have followed just about every single cable bundle for over and hour, checking the front, back and sides. I cant find the damn thing anywhere. I have the replacement part sitting in my lap right now and its homeless. Someone help me out here! :???:

It's the same as the one on the diagram for the 06..

It's the same as the one on the diagram for the 06..

I subscribed to alldata after I made that post and figured it out. That diagram that was posted has no reference points, and isnt really relevant other than showing where it is in relation to the motor mount, which I didnt know was in fact the motor mount.

The damn sensor is located behind the oil filter and it didnt even fix the problem when I replaced it. Camshaft sensor next...

Back