high lift jack mount

rdtj

I was lookin at hood light bars/ high lift jack mounts and they are outrageous!! There was no way i would pay that much for that. So I made one!!

Attachments

• jeep stuck.jpg
    jeep stuck.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 22,050
  • jeep flexin.jpg
    jeep flexin.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10,917
:shades::shades:i went in my buddys back yard and got some scrap metal (I dont know what kind but it was a square piece of metal with holes in it). I think it was used for electrical work at one time, but yeah i got that and i drilled holes in it and mounted my lights. After that I got my other buddy to weld two bolts facing up (i dont know how to weld). I painted it and ran the wires. And oh yeah it bolts to the hood hinges. The total cost was $45.00
and that was the cost of the lights at harbor freight!!! I think it looks pretty good for a homemade biuld.:)

Just be careful. I knew a guy with his on the hood, caught a tree and bent the hood and it wouldn't close afterward.

Unrelated to the topic at hand: How do you like that front bumper?? That's the one I've been thinking of getting. Any problems with it?

The bumper is awesome i dont have any complaits about it. It is made really strong, it is all welded and it has a good looking powdercoat on it. The things you need to know before you buy it is that it says you have to have a raised winch plate, and it leaves your steering box pretty exposed so it wouldnt be a bad idea to invest in a skid for it. But overall it is a really good bumper for the price. and go to truckcustomizers.com and i believe it is only 180.00 with free shipping.

Personally, I preffer not to have the HiLift on the hood; I already had my hood popped open while driving once, and it was scary enough without the HiLift there... Also, by having it inside the cap, you can save yourself the problems with rust.

I also made my own, but I used fencing hardware from Home Depot. I spent about $10 on mine, and it has held own for about 2 years and counting.

DSC00079-1.jpg

DSC00080-1.jpg

DSC00081-1.jpg

Felipe

i like that it is real good thinkin! how long did it take you to figure out how to mount yours?

Personally, I preffer not to have the HiLift on the hood; I already had my hood popped open while driving once, and it was scary enough without the HiLift there... Also, by having it inside the cap, you can save yourself the problems with rust.

Felipe

So you just used clamps for fencing to do that? Can ya get me a pic of the other side. I'm going to check out HD today, but I think my high lift jack it too tall. :x

So you just used clamps for fencing to do that? Can ya get me a pic of the other side. I'm going to check out HD today, but I think my high lift jack it too tall. :x

48" Hi lift fits between the roll bar.

If you have the 60" Hi lift it will not fit unless you try and put it at an angle.

Back