im burning oil

in2themud

i am not sure whats goin on? i put a 600cfm edlebrock on my 304 and now i have oil burning in one of my header pipes! only the one, could it be a valve? what should i do? im not too familiar with jeeps, this is my first one, however i am somewhat mechanically incline so any help would be great!

First off carbs have nothing to do with oil burning. Second if the problem was after the carb its most likely running to rich on that side. And most oil burning problems are bad rings or valve guides:(

Check for proper pcv operation. That can cause all kinds of problems i have never had an edelbrock carb work. Always went back to holley.

how did you decide that you were burning oil? what do your oil levels say? rule of thumb for jeeps: if all fluid levels and temps are good, don't worry about it.

To give you a good comparison. Chrysler says a brand new veh can use up to 1 liter of oil per 1500 kms. They wont repair it if it uses a ml less.

If you swapped the intake too, you forgot to install the OEM splash shield, so the PCV is being overloaded.

Back