97 sahara leaning on drivers side

econner8083

Hello everyone. I have a 97 wrangler Sahara with stock suspension. I've been noticing that it has a pretty bad lean to the drivers side rear. It also looks as if the body has shifted to the passenger side. The drivers side rear wheel well has the tire looking inset by a couple of inches. However the passengers side flare and tire are lined up evenly. Any ideas? Thanks

Do you have a body lift? You might have a broken body mount or two. Have any pictures you can post?

Body mount ( like above) Track bar & bushings. Blown shock? Also Check it in a different area. My drive seems flat but one corner is pitched and makes the jeep look really bad. It's just the driveway and not the jeep.

EDIT: Pic's Please Welcome to the board.:welcome:

PS How long have you owned this Jeep?

Last edited:

No body lift or anything. It wasn't the driveway. Because I've seen it in other flat parking lots as well. I was wondering if it could be a spring as well. Would a spring causethe body to shift towards the passenger side

Yes and so will a damaged track bar and worn bushings, and I've seen damage to the axel and connections be bent from wheeling. Upper and lower control arms bent.

Back