Swaybar disconnect question

Jason4x4

I feel like this is a dumb question, but I was playing around with my JKS quicker disconnects on my TJ earlier, and I was wondering, is it supposed to be so hard to get them disconnected? I mean, the click pin comes out easily but I'm having a really hard time getting the link to pop off the post. Maybe it's just because it's new and needs to be broken in or something. Or am I maybe doing something wrong?

photos please it helps to c what u mean. u could have them on backwards? my discos are hard too. the easy way i learned was to lift the jeep just a little with my shoulder when i wanted to disco.

A lot of it depends on how level the jeep is sitting at the time you're attempting to disconnect or connect. Usually having somebody bounce the front suspension a bit will help get the disconnect on or off.

I'll try to get a pic later, but I'm 99% sure it's on right. Thanks for the tips, I'll let you know how it goes.

A little WD40 on the pins might help, too.

I feel like this is a dumb question, but I was playing around with my JKS quicker disconnects on my TJ earlier, and I was wondering, is it supposed to be so hard to get them disconnected? I mean, the click pin comes out easily but I'm having a really hard time getting the link to pop off the post. Maybe it's just because it's new and needs to be broken in or something. Or am I maybe doing something wrong?
a dumb question is a question not asked.. :shades:

They're on right...had the wife push the bumper up and down a little and they popped right off. Thanks for the help!

Back