Storage for TJ

jackflack44

My storage area has been taken away by my subs, I've heard of some people raising the backseat itself on some wood blocks. I figure it will give me a little bit of extra space and some airflow for the amp. Does anyone have any experience with this or other storage options? Pictures if you lifted the backseat up a couple of inches would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dylan.

Do you use the back seat? If not remove it.

I would not lift the back seat with wood.I would get some metal just for safety.I would hate to see something happen and the wood split and the passengers go for even more of an unwanted ride.

Do a search on this. I've seen an under seat storage someone did. Also have you considered a storage box under the sub or installing the sub in the rear seat. There are write ups on this as well.

I know that 2 10 inch subs would fit, but I can't say if 12s would. The problem is less the diameter of the sub, but more the depth. I used the slimline pioneer subs - they sound great, but need alot of power.

Here's my setup now...
The amp is under the rear seat but there's no room for airflow so I'm trying to find a place to mount it.

I like under the dash, but you need a small amp to pull it off. You could also mount it under the driver's seat, or on the tailgate.

To mount it to the tailgate I would just need self tapping screws right? And I'd need to wire it long enough to allow it to swing open? What would be a good place to put the wiring?

I haven't done it myself, but that was my plan before I mounted it under the dash.

Here's my favorite amp / sub on the tailgate mount:

backshot.jpg

Here's another couple of examples:

speaker4.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

There are some other options:

Quadratec Exclusive -SUB03-CVR - Custom Rear Subwoofer Kit with 10" Kicker CompVR Subwoofer for 03-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ - Quadratec
59647md-1.jpg

Quadratec Exclusive JW-SUB-8 - Custom Rear Subwoofer Kit with 8" Kicker Comp Subwoofer for 87-06 Jeep® Wrangler YJ, TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec
110182md-1.jpg

Quadratec Exclusive JW-210CVR - Custom Rear Dual Subwoofer Kit with 10" Kicker CompVR Subwoofers for 87-06 Jeep® Wrangler YJ & TJ - Quadratec
91915md-1.jpg

The factory center console has an option sub, so I'd guess you could get one off ebay pretty easily. It's a 6" sub, so it will sound pitiful compared to a 12.

Front seat - I would worry about the strength of the seat in an accident though:

2010-1-4%20jeep%20amp%20and%20sub%20073%20%28Large%29.jpg
2010-1-4%20jeep%20amp%20and%20sub%20008%20(Large).jpg

Or rear seat:

amp005_1.jpg
amp004_1.jpg

Back