Whistling noise / suter at start?

Sub79cj7

I Have a 79 CJ7 carter bbd carb 258 just recently when I take my foot off the gas I here a whistleing noise it is constant till I come to a complete stop or give her some more gas the only time it happens is when I take my foot off the gas. number 2 My jeep sputers out when I first get going all the time as soon as I put it in reverse and give her a little gas I stall out unless I constantly pump the gas pedal the again when I go forward it take a minute to get her going but she eventually goes constant after driving around the block before getting on the main roads any insight would help[addsig]

sounds like your carbs are geting tired, try cleaning/rebuilding the one on #2. as for the whistleing when you stop I would bet you have a vaccume leak you can only hear when you come to a stop after taking your foot off the gas, a little trick I learned was to carefully spray carb cleaner on you vacumme hoses till the engine sputters and the repair that leak and do it again, and again... [addsig]

Back