For the future- engines

Branjmb

Right now I'm completely stock on my 4cyl 92 YJ, and I know this is going to become almost a 10 year project for me.

I was wondering what you guys would suggest for a future upgrade in engines. More power obviously desired... I just have no idea how one would compare engines and what steps to take to swap.

Of course all will be figured out when it's time, I'm just kind of curious.:shades:

All aluminum v6 supercharged. Corvette perhaps. Lightweight, power, all u need

Okay thanks, I'll keep an eye out for those.

But what kinds of engines in general are compatible without changing out tons of stuff like transmissions, etc.?

All aluminum v6 supercharged. Corvette perhaps. Lightweight, power, all u need
ummmm :idea: there never has been a corvette with a v6 in it....ever. unless someone would swap one in and why the heck would ne1 do that?

Well, they had straight 6s back in the day but still, not really what you want.

IIRC, the transmission behind your engine is the AX-5; that engine will not take more than the i$ you currently have on. If it is NOT an AX-5, then you have the peugeot transmission, which is even MORE fragile. Either way, you need a new transmission, and if you are planning on a V6 or V8 (end even an I6!) and/OR bigger tires, I'd recommend also a new rear axle (Dana 44 or Ford 8.8 are popular choices). If you are going in the V8 direction, I would also look into a new front axle...

Back