Getting Rid of Carpet?

the carpet in my jeep was gone when i bought it, but the heat works great in the winter for it being a soft top. does get warm in the summer though. and i just got a huculiner bed liner kit for christmas and im about to put it in.

and once again, not to steal this thread but how hard is it to put a bed liner in a jeep? do you have to remove all the wires from the sides?

i was thinking about doing the same thing, but my concern would be more for warmth/cold as opposed to noise.

not to hijack your thread , but those of you that have done it, is it a lot colder in the winter since there is "less insulation"?

and those of you that have done it to their TJ, have any gray carpet you want to get rid of ;)

i was thinking the same thing but for yj carpet

I pulled my carpet the first day I bought my Jeep. Rolled in the bedliner and never looked back. For me, it works out better that way. Mud, water, snow, dirt, it doesn't matter, just wash it out and let it drain out the drain holes.

Like others have said, during the summer, the doors and top are off, so I can't vouch for getting hot. In the winter, I stay warm as can be. Usually just run the heater on low and I'm perfectly fine.

Ok...now I'm officially jealous. I have a bedliner company and don't even have mine down yet. Got this one a few months back and we have been slammed since. Hoping to do this one soon. Like the saying goes...the carpenters house is never done.

Where is keller texas? Sounds to be not close enough for me to drop my jeep off to get lined

It is a little far but we would love to do it! Tell all your DFW friends. Or we have some great wheeling up here go you could just do a road trip up here :)

Back