Today I'm a new Jeep owner!

warden37

Today's been a great day!

I bought myself a beautifully maintained 2004 Rubicon and I couldn't be happier. The only thing that I have to install right away is a lockup for my IPod.

The Jeep has the standard factory installed CD player, and one of the other jeeps Id tested had an aftermarket deck installed with an auxiliary cable for an IPod but not the Rubi'.

Any suggestions on the most cost-effective approach towards an IPod hook-up. If I can avoid removing the factory deck I will, what's the best way?

Thanks

Dave in Toronto

I would think one of the FM transmitters would be the cheapest and least invasive ways to do it

You can get a nice one of those FM transmitters from Wal-mart for about $30 and you can adjust the frequency it transmits on so that's nice...that's what I got for my wife's car. It won't charge the Ipod though...

Enjoy your Jeep!

congrats on the jeep. let see some pictures. personally, i like those adapters that you can hook up to a factory radio and then control the ipod from the radio & it will charge it also. i bought on for my 99 lighting since i wanted to keep the interior as stock as possible, but i didnt want to lose my music. the adapter works through the CD changer controller, so i lost the cd changer (which didnt matter since the ipod was going in).

warden37 said:
Today's been a great day!

I bought myself a beautifully maintained 2004 Rubicon and I couldn't be happier. The only thing that I have to install right away is a lockup for my IPod.

The Jeep has the standard factory installed CD player, and one of the other jeeps Id tested had an aftermarket deck installed with an auxiliary cable for an IPod but not the Rubi'.

Any suggestions on the most cost-effective approach towards an IPod hook-up. If I can avoid removing the factory deck I will, what's the best way?

Thanks

Dave in Toronto

They sell wiring kits. Basically just a headphone jack that you wire in under the dash. That's probably your best best. The fm transmitters are unreliable offer poor sound quality and break easily. Ive seen the for mentioned kits anywhere from 30-75 dollars. Good luck and welcome to jeep brotherhood.

Back