Junkyards

jeeptjon37's

Ok,
So I've done a little research and but I'm not sure if I'm right.

What vehicle could i pull a LM2 out of?

What vehicle could i pull a dana 44 5 on 4.5 axle out of?
Thats the stock axle numbers, right? (could someone tell me what to call them. I've kind of forgotten! :lol::lol::rolleyes::???: )

What vehicle could I pull a ford 8.8 out of? Same axle numbers.

:cookout::cookout::party::cookout::cookout::party::cookout::sawzall:
:sawzall:

Thanks,
Tom

First off what kind of jeep is it

5 on 4.5 is the lug pattern

what gear ratio are you looking for ?

dana 44 can be found in a wide variety of vehicles most are 5 on 5.5 lug pattern

8.8 commonly in ford explorers

the axle is called a differential

from the sound of your post you have little to none experience , please don't take this the wrong way , but are you ready and able to take on such a big project , if its not done correctly you are going to have more problems than you could ever imagine .
do a lot of research first , ask a lot of questions but please don't bombard the board all in one post it gives every one a chance to help explain what your asking , and before you start this project maybe see if you can find someone local to you that has a little more experience to help you , this will help you in 2 ways teach you as you tackle your project and also give you a extra set of hands

look forward to hear how your project goes and good luck

54cj3b said:
First off what kind of jeep is it

5 on 4.5 is the lug pattern

what gear ratio are you looking for ?

dana 44 can be found in a wide variety of vehicles most are 5 on 5.5 lug pattern

8.8 commonly in ford explorers

the axle is called a differential

from the sound of your post you have little to none experience , please don't take this the wrong way , but are you ready and able to take on such a big project , if its not done correctly you are going to have more problems than you could ever imagine .
do a lot of research first , ask a lot of questions but please don't bombard the board all in one post it gives every one a chance to help explain what your asking , and before you start this project maybe see if you can find someone local to you that has a little more experience to help you , this will help you in 2 ways teach you as you tackle your project and also give you a extra set of hands

look forward to hear how your project goes and good luck

Well I'm not building it for a while but I do have some kind of idea of what im doing. First off I'm not putting this on my TJ, ok auto 4x4 is. I've heard of a lug pattern and gear ratio.

Was I really bombarding everything with THREE seperate posts. Bounty hunter told me to seperate posts.

Thanks,
Tom

You have 3 questions on one post. I believe what bounty hunter was referring to was to post one question to each thread.

no I didn't say that , Ask one question than let people help answer it for you , than ask the next its easier for us to understand what your asking that way and you'll more than likely get a more straight forward detailed answer , not like this: just remember this is only a example

Were do the lug nuts go , how do I change oil , how much air goes in the tires ect ect ect

that s what is called bombarding

We want to help you with the right information in full detail , rather than jumping Around between questions and answers confusing you me and every one else following this tread

Ok,

Thats the stock axle numbers, right? (could someone tell me what to call them. I've kind of forgotten! :lol::lol::rolleyes::???: )

Thanks,
Tom

did you get all the info you were looking for?

What vehicle could i pull a LM2 out of

chevrolet passenger cars until 89-97ish

87-89 Mj's and Xj's canadian yj's with tow package. maybe some passenger cars from god knows when.

can't think of any other small 5 lug D44 stock.

Ford explorer and pass cars like 94+ mustangs, rangers, explorers and various ford licoln and mercury cars (crown vic and mark VII example)

jeeptjon37's said:
Ok,

Thanks,
Tom

Just go to the vehicles and identify the axles and whatever the lm2 is

Back