Fuel Problem

Branjmb

I went wheeling a few days ago and went through some deep water. Before wheeling my friend and I topped off our tanks at the same Safeway gas station. After wheeling both our rigs (his a ford ranger) were sluggish, like water had gotten in the fuel tank and was clogging the fuel filter. Today I drained most of the gas and replaced the fuel filter.

Because of issues with my gas gauge we actually have no idea how much gas was still in the tank. So I set off being followed by my dad to go to town to get gas.

As was the problem before with the fuel, I got extremely sluggish on the hills and didn't make it out of my neighborhood. Even more sluggish than the earlier problems. It Puttered and died while I fought upthe hill in FIRST GEAR...

It could easily be I was more out of gas than I thought, but let's assume that's not the case. I was wondering if there could be a secondary fuel filter somewhere? Let me know if you have any ideas of what is wrong and please leave general directions on fixing it! Thanks!

not that i know of. there is a sock on the fuel filter but water would pass through the sock.

do you have the 6 cylinder or 4 cylinder motor and which transmission?

did your air filter get wet and maybe wet some sensors?

4 cyl.
Umm stock transmission? Lol

I don't know about sensors, but I meant my sensors were already messed up, so idk if they would be causing the problem with the gas flow

oh ya, if your sensors are already messed up, you could be getting a bad mixture because the o2 sensor is bad or the temp sensor is telling the ecu to squirt to much fuel in the cylinder.

there are a few things bad sensors can do to make your jeep run bad

Back