New Bestop Seats in YJ

hi_c

Has anyone installed new Bestop seats in a YJ? I just ordered a pair of the Trailmax fixed hi-back seats, and they sit up so tall. Almost too tall. I'm 6'4" and the top of my head is even with the roll bars! :-O Were my original seats so sagged that I've been boosted 3 inches or more?! I'm worried that with another person in the passenger seat the jeep's center of gravity would be so high! Any comments from Bestop consumer's is appreciated.[addsig]

Anybody?

(actually, i just wanted to add a reply so that my post would go back to the top.) :roll: [addsig]

I don't have any input on the seats.
I do have 5 inches of lift and much larger tires than stock without any center of gravity issues. I think with myself and the tens of thousands of other Jeepers in this same height situation, without problems, I wouldn't worry too much.[addsig]

Thanks, RedWrang. That makes me feel better. I saw your pics and they are the exact same seats I got. How long have you had them? Any sag? I know BESTOP is one of the best brands in the Jeep business, so I trust them, unlike STEEL-CRAP, I mean SteelHorse. I hate their stuff. :evil: [addsig]

Ive had them about o 4 months and they do not seem to be sagging yet. But you will get used to them im sure. I did. I have thought about trying somehow to maby lower the seat base if I could to see if that helps out any.[addsig]

Not worth the effort. I tried to think of a way, but without removing the seat riser (that allows the seat to move forward) there really is no 'middle-man' to cut out. Thanks though.
:cool: [addsig]

Back