Rough Country Suspension

TheOKCAggie

Does anyone have any experience with Rough Country Suspensions? I have a 04 Tj Rubicon and I am looking to put the RC 6" Long Arm on next month. Does anyone have one, and have any reviews of it?

It's going to be my birthday gift so I want to make sure it is worth it.

I have the 4.5 inch on my cherokee with 1 inch spacers. And i beat on it with no problems so far. There new x flex control arms flex real nice.

i have a RC 4" lift on my current TJ. it's ok, but honestly, i like the RE SF kit i had on my old 01 TJ. with the monotube shocks, the RE kit rode great. eventually, im going to swap over to a RE kit....when my wallet will let me.

I have the 4" rough country x-flex short arm on my 98 GC Laredo. I have no complaints other than it is a little more of a rough ride than i anticipated. Got better after a little use but still a little rough. Flex is top notch. Great lift for the price. Plus the bushings are replaceable so you don't have to replacement the entire arm.

I've read alot of good reviews about RC. I am also looking into one of their kits for a future lift.

Hi. Rough Country suspension has the reputation of being just that a rough ride. Specially on older jeeps! But usually the price is good. If you can afford the extra cost Skyjacker is one of our favorite. Good ride and great off road! Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love rc when i put my 4.5 on it was rough due to short arms which arm now long and no sway bar now it rides like a dream i had to replace the shock bushings but thats it

Back