Need some help

Jeep94Ga

Ok, so I recently purchased a 94 yj and ive been going over it and fixing things here and there. I have ran into a slight problem though, some of the hoses and what not are not connected correctly and there are a few wires that just kinda end....lol. I have been trying to find a diagram (and electrical layout/shcematic)that list the components as you see them when your looking down at the engine....but with no luck. Anyone happen to have this or know where I can get one.

I have a haynes but it has the 2.5 and the later model engine diagrams but no 4.0.

Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

From my knowledge on my 94 the wires are not the same color as the diagram so good luck on that. The non connected wires possibaly are for options that are not incluced. I may be wrong on that...I have a diagram i wll try to send you when i get back to get my book. Im not so sure about the hoses though, depends on the what nots.

Check out Haynes repair manuals. You can view them at your local parts store just like Barns and Noble style. Pull up a chair and get comfy. Hah

I've not seen any other than factory manuals for my CJ Jeep, but over the years of looking at sevice manuals from Haynes, Clymer, Motors and so forth I've come to the conclusion that only Service Manuals from the Manufacturer are reliable. :deadhorse:
I'm not saying that every aftermarket manual is wrong on every point but over the past 25 years I've noticed things like missing information, lack of diagraphs/photos mistaken order of operations and so forth. The Manufactuer manuals are priced liek Chateau Lafeite but they are very worth the expense, especially if one is going to keep the vehicle for a long time.

Last edited:
I have the '94 FSM; It's for both YJ and XJ. I downloaded them from 4bangerjp.com (it's a 4 banger site, but you'll find the manuals there...). Let me know if you cannot download, and I'll see if there's a way to send them to you (too big for e-mail).

Back