anyone know what the distance is from wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surfa

i found a ram charger with dana 60's front and rear allready with lockers in both axles want ta know if they will work in my jeep cj-7 and what side the front pumpkin is on ????

depends on the year ram. a ram charger did not come with a factory installed D60 front, so it is probably a swapped in axle, or the vehicle is not properly IDed.
It is more than likely swapped in D60 front and D70 rear from a mid 80's W250 or W350. also, there is a D61 axle found in these vehicles as well as some D600's, you do not want a D61.

wms-wms for 79-93 SRW is 67.5"
wms-wms for 85-88 DRW is 75"

Just to add, 94-02 D 60 are not super desirable, but buildable; they are non-king pin axles, with unit bearings (no lock outs) and are about 67" wide

jps4jeep said:
depends on the year ram. a ram charger did not come with a factory installed D60 front, so it is probably a swapped in axle, or the vehicle is not properly IDed.
It is more than likely swapped in D60 front and D70 rear from a mid 80's W250 or W350. also, there is a D61 axle found in these vehicles as well as some D600's, you do not want a D61.

wms-wms for 79-93 SRW is 67.5"
wms-wms for 85-88 DRW is 75"

Just to add, 94-02 D 60 are not super desirable, but buildable; they are non-king pin axles, with unit bearings (no lock outs) and are about 67" wide

There is no locker for a 61

The track of a Ramcharger a lot wider than a CJ! I owned a "93 & if I remember correctly the front pumpkin was on the passenger side.(just like the CJ)

ok ty u guys for the info ill have ta take the 4 hour drive and see whats acctually in it by the way the ram charger is a 79 with the 440 and a 4 speed if that helps any

the rear axle will be a no-brainer, just cut off the perches center axle, set pinion and burn in new perches, then deal with shocks.

the front, you will have to either shorten the axle a couple inches (the front axle is wider than the rear stock) or you will have to out board the spring hangers, couple company's make out boarding kits, most also incorporate a shackle reversal, unless your speeding through the woppty woops, shackle reversale is counter intunitive.

Back