Looking for new restore too start

Mikey4x4

I found two jeeps today but not sure what year they are one has side mount spare tire and driver side has side mount gas tank front fenders roll down not sure if any one can help find the year from that info. I'll try to get pic tomorrow thanks for all help

Oh yeah it also had jeep stamped at top of grill

Best way to tell is with the vin #.
The 3B has a high hood & flat fenders. All early CJs had side mount spares & fuel tanks under the drivers seat.

It's a can mount driver side and fender aren't flat but it looks to be complete no top but there never is. It has jeep stamped on the front I have never seen that not on any year even tried to find one online. The other jeep I found has flat fenders it's a 53 rust bucket still on tires but no interior for 600.00

It's a can mount driver side and fender aren't flat but it looks to be complete no top but there never is. It has jeep stamped on the front I have never seen that not on any year even tried to find one online. The other jeep I found has flat fenders it's a 53 rust bucket still on tires but no interior for 600.00

The CJ 3b looks like mine here... The Willys CJ 5 was sold from 1955 to 1971. After '71 AMC bought Jeep and STRETCHED the CJ 5 several inches to put the Inline 6 in them. The Willys Jeep should have Willys stamped on the tailgate and have willys or Kaiser Willys or Kaiser Jeep on the Vin plate. The Willys jeeps also have a filler below the driver's door for fuel.
Note in the photo the tail gate is stamped "Willys"

Attachments

• Willys CJ5.jpg
    Willys CJ5.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,899
  • Willys CJ5 (2).jpg
    Willys CJ5 (2).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,253
Last edited:
I'm driving over there now to see if I can talk to the man who has it I'll take pic's and get the vin

Here's the pic I think it a CJ5 now not sure bout the year though

Attachments

• image-1854522503.jpg
    image-1854522503.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 275
  • image-3020119164.jpg
    image-3020119164.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 308
  • image-1923751709.jpg
    image-1923751709.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 293
  • image-3900300325.jpg
    image-3900300325.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 316
I don't recall what year Willys motor co. became Kaiser Willys and then when they again changed to Kaiser Jeep. That one there is a 1955 to 1967 and probably NOT the later 68-71 of the Kaiser era. Kaiser bought Willys-Overland in 51 and changed the name to Willys Motor Co., then Kaiser Willys Co., then Kaiser Jeep Co. The steering column/wheel is Pontiac and is a modification. The Stock motor will be either a F-134 inline 4 cyl Hurricane or a Buick odd fire V6 dauntless. If it came with a 6 it is mid 60 era. NICE JEEP!!!

looks to me to be about a 58 looking at the set up of the gauges
How much he asking for it looks clean

I'd say it's a "66 to "68 with a 4cyl eng. No battery box on the top of the cowl says it's "66 or later. No side marker lights says it's pre "69. Dual x-fer case levers says it's a not a V6. Overall the pictures make it look like a pretty good starting point if the price is right.

It's a 57 and he wants 5000 for it. Yeah you guessed it I'm still looking for her but not going to hurry the right one will come along

Back