DIY Cold-Air Intake?

Branjmb

I've been looking around for a detailed DIY Cold-Air Intake.

I'm not much of a mechanic, so I need pretty detailed instructions. I've got a Jeep YJ '92 2.5L 4cyl, but obviously it doesn't need to be Model specific, but preferably Jeep Specific.

Would you guys help me look?

This is one I found, but it's not terribly detailed... Can you find any without welding being necessary? I can get welding done, but it's not ideal.
CDM Fabrication

I've got the same model jeep and engine, I run a stock TJ 4.0L airtube with a conical K&N filter attached to the end.

I've got the same model jeep and engine, I run a stock TJ 4.0L airtube with a conical K&N filter attached to the end.

Bounty Hunter I am curious if you built an air dam/heat shield for the filter or is it just sitting under the hood? I was wondering about fashioning an air dam out of light duty aluminum (just light enough to be able to work with it without any special tools) with some heat resistant insulation affixed to the inside and then finishing it off with some weather stripping to seal it to the hood.

Has anyone tried this or something similar? Or does the "cooler air" make as big a difference as the increased air flow?

I made mine from 3 inch exhaust tube bent it up all nice. Painted it black. Looks pretty good for 10 dollars

I havent noticed a power increase. I just moved it away from the headlight i do a fair amount of deep water crossings

Jester32 said:
I havent noticed a power increase. I just moved it away from the headlight i do a fair amount of deep water crossings

Why don't you make a snorkel?

Back