31x10.50's on Factory Wrangler Wheels

tbs1015

I have a 97' model Wrangler and i'm looking to put 31x10.50's on it, but a guy down at the tire store said that 31x10.50's would not fit on my factory Jeep Wheels that I have on there without the backside of the tire rubbing against something and said I would need aftermarket wheels to make this work. Is this the case? I have had a few ppl tell me I could put them on there but I wouldn't be able to get a full turing radius that jeeps are famous for. Thanks for the input

Holden

It may rub a bit on sway bar at full lock or rear control arm. I would run em.

your tire guy is an idiot. 31" tires came stock on Rubicons and your jeep's suspension geometry and wheel offset is identical to a rubicon except the rubi sits about 3/4" higher

31's will fit a stock TJ street only, won't rub, if you wheel the jeep you might have some rubbing at full compression, thats why the rubi sits a little higher, but I wouldn't worry about it at all.

I'm running BFG AT 31x10.50x15's on the stock wheels that came on my 2002 Sahara TJ and they fit just fine. I have not had any rubbing problems on or off road. My wheeling is not extreme and I don't disconnect the sway bars.

I'm getting some 33x12.5-15 next week I have 1.75 shack lift and 1.75 body lift do I need back spacers?

wheel spacers?

are you putting them on stock wheels? they are going to be ballooned out badly if you are. i would get 10" rims for 33-12.5-15 inch tires.

wheel spacers?

are you putting them on stock wheels? they are going to be ballooned out badly if you are. i would get 10" rims for 33-12.5-15 inch tires.

It wont be that bad at all. I have ran 8 inch wide rims and everything from 10-13 inch wide tires on them. everybody around here runs 8 inch wide rims.

I would like to know if I need spacers so I can get them now and not be the hold up. My cows don't care what it looks like I don't even think they noticed the lift

Wheel spacers are fine on stock rims. I have rims from a wrangler on my GC. I run 1 1/2" spacers with 31"BFGs and all is perfect. No "balloon" here.

Thanks I have 31x9.5 on it now and never had a prob. I'll find some spacers today

Make sure you lock tite the crap out of the lugs from hub to spacer. They aren't visible so it one starts coming loose you wont be able to tell. Also if you go to any big name tire store (big-o, discount, etc) for rotations and the like never mention you have them! They wont touch it. But if they already pull the tires they usually just do it.

I have had my 31 10.50"s on for over a year now, on stock rims.
I also have a "97, at full turn I did have a little rub but simply install a 3/8" flat washer behind each wheel stop bolt on each side and problem solved! It took 5 min to install the washers and I really dont notice a loss in turning radius. In my opinion this is a better fix than adding wheel spacers. Spacers can come loose or break and most often cause wheel wobble and control issues. My .02
Jimmy

Ok guys I put the 31x 10.50's on and at full turning radius on my 97' Wrangler there was a little rub. Even with a 3' suspension on it. Someone said a 3/8s washer behind the wheel stop bolt. Are there any ways to keep this from happening that wouldn't involve me putting wheel spacers on it? And if I dont do this, would this hurt me when I go out wheelin' soon?

Ok guys I put the 31x 10.50's on and at full turning radius on my 97' Wrangler there was a little rub. Even with a 3' suspension on it. Someone said a 3/8s washer behind the wheel stop bolt. Are there any ways to keep this from happening that wouldn't involve me putting wheel spacers on it? And if I dont do this, would this hurt me when I go out wheelin' soon?

All you need to do is install the washer on each bolt. the stock bolts have washers tack welded to them (one on each). Unscrew each bolt and add the same size washer (about the same size as a nickle) on each side.
Your done. You will loss about 1.5 to 2 feet radius in a 30 foot circle.
Manual classifies these bolts as "steering stops".
Jimmy

I have 30.5 on my 87 and its stock with no rubbing. I couldn't put 33s on it though. I have rubicon rims too so the wheels should be the size you tj guys are discussing

Hey everyone!

My son wants to put wheel spacers on my 2004 TJ sport that I'm giving him for graduation. It's got stock 15" rims and brand new 31x10.50 general grabbers. How much spacing would it need... to give it an aggressive look? I was looking at 1.50 but when I called Quadratec about what they carried they said it was way to much. They recommended 1.25.

I want to get some opinions b4 I do it. I seen a set of rough country 1.50 for $59.00 a set on another site. I asked Quadratec if they carried them for the same price and they told me they don't support rough country because they don't have hub centric spacers.

So I chatted with Rough Country to see if the ones I was looking at were hub centric because I was told to use hub centric spacers and they LITERALLY texted me back and said who ever told you that is full of crap...you don't need hub centric for your jeep.

HA, dang, I haven't a clue on what I should get. Sorry if i just unloaded haha I have been looking for several hours for answers without any real answers. So does anyone know or have the experience on what I should get for the aggressive look. BTW the fenders are stock fenders.

Thanks in advance :p

I bought my '06 RHD Wrangler off of ebay to deliver mail with over a year ago. It had 31x10.50 tires on the factory 15x7 rims and drove fine. The wheels only rubbed slightly at full lock but were otherwise ok. A friend sold me some 15x8 aluminum Wrangler rims that only had 1K miles on them and Im using those with stock size tires for now.

i thought hub centric spacers were for vehicles that used the hub of the wheel to center the wheel on the hub assembly. aren't jeeps centered by the lugs being acorn lugs?

Back