More Power out of 4.0L?

Chamberlin22

I have an 02 TJ, straight 6, 4.0L. I wanting to get some ideas on how to get some more power out of my engine, i have already put a Air Aid Throttle Body Spacer, and a K&N Air Intake on it and does decent. But im sure we all have those moments when we get a little rice burner beside us and thinks he will smoke us for the hell of it. Well im wanting to surprise him.....:shock: LOL
Also, im not wanting to spend a butt load of money and im not wanting to go as far as putting a supercharger on it. WAY TO MUCH MONEY!!!!!
Any ideas on what i could do? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Gears, bored out throttle body, i did the bored out throttle body on my cherokee and it rocks.

bored out throttle body and mustang injectors works great on 4.0 in xj also no muffler just cat better flow sounds great

the bored out throttle body is the best bang for the buck mod, short of redoing your axle gears (lots of money to do that though)

Leigh Performance Machine

that is hte site where i got the one i had on my cherokee. it was such a difference with just that one mod that i was amazed. i wish my wrangler was fuel injected so i could use that one easy mod to get such an amazing power difference.

If your crafty do it your self just bore it out to the size of the the gasket. Just have to be careful of where the iac outlet is and stay away from where the throttle plates close to. I just used a carbide bit for aluminum and a fine grit flapper wheel to smooth it out. Took 25 min.

my weber won't let me. i tried it on a 32/36 back in my bmw racing days and it didn't work out like you could do on the quadrajets.

i have heard of lots of people doing it on the throttle bodies for the fuel injection system though

Back