2.5-3" leaf spring options

TwistedCU

I'm looking to replace the worn out 2.5" Rubicon Express (Standard Duty) springs on my YJ. They were put on as a complete lift kits, so all I really need is the springs and hardware.

Any recommendations? I'm looking for 2.5-3.5" tops. 3" would be perfect. I don't have a SYE on the Jeep, so I want to try to keep the driveshaft angle somewhat reasonable. It does have a transfercase drop already.

I haven't been into this stuff in a few years, so I was wondering what you all recommend. I prefer to lean towards the higher end this time rather than saving a few bucks. Keep in mind I have a hard top and doors, a 6 cyl, auto transmission, and an 8K pound Ramsey Patriot up front, so I'll need something pretty stout.

Suggestions???

I would look at the BDS 3" spring, they have good products and a no-questions asked lifetime warranty.

BDS or Old Man Emu OME are pretty pricey, but everyone I know raves about them.

and welcome back

A buddy of mine ran OME on his YJ, they may be the only suspension company that claims a ride better than stock, and actually accomplishes it.

The only issue I have is if it is enough lift. I'd like 3-3.5 and their springs are all 2.5".

I'd like 3-3.5 and their springs are all 2.5".

You could go with their 2.5 springs and go with a quality 1" or less boomerang shackle. People say that lift shackles more than an 1'' or so will diminish the life of you springs and the boomerang style takes a lot of stress of of them

Back