My Jeep needs a doctor (mechanic)

1995wranglertlc

Ok guys, Here the deal, i have a 1995 Jeep wrangler, 2.5L.

it has recently start idling rough, and occasionally sputtering while driving.. i have replaced the fuel filter, and checked All spark plugs and wire.. all is good, still doing the same thing tho. Please help me.. I think that it is an o2 sensor. but would like to hear what you guys have to say..

Thanks in advance, 1995wranglertlc

Could be the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) or the CPS (Crank Position Sensor).

Have you checked the plugs to see how they look? They can tell you a lot, you know... Google it up and you'll see what I mean.

Rotor and dist cap?? Check your grounds. Poor battery grounds could lead to rough idles and running. Plus what's above.

Have you checked the plugs to see how they look? They can tell you a lot, you know... Google it up and you'll see what I mean.

I have checked them.. and they seem to be fine. (from what i can tell) Any more advise? Thanks!

And one more thing, i dont no if this will help, but it doesn't do it hardly at all when its cold, only when it warms up, and if i drive it for a long period of time, it starts doing it worse. Thanks

Yeah, the catalitic converter. If it is clogged, it will suffocate your engine, and the hotter it gets, the more it will restrict airflow. When mine went, it would almost kill the engine when I tried to accelarate.

Thought you guys would like to no, the issue is an exhaust leak.. Causing the o2 sensor to read wrong.. I'm ready to have my jeep running good again. And By the way i checked the CAT and it was a little clogged. fixed that. It actually help a little bit, but its still doing that same thing. Thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it.

Back