starting issue

TheOKCAggie

Ok please guide me in the right direction. I have an 04 TJ 4.0. It is like 10 degrees here and jeep has stopped starting. Just get a click. Battery is over 4 years old so I picked up a new one. After putting it in same thing just a click. If I click it over several times sometimes it will start. Any ideas?

Bad connection or ground. Be sure the connections are clean to the metal. There are several ground to chassis connections check those. And did you get the correct size cranking amp battery?

You also might need a block heater. Some l6 engines are cold blooded SOB's. Also your connections might be bad. Just clean them up.

probably the grounding is bad.:yeah-that: but since its so cold you prob need a block heater too, being too cold can be the devil. has this happened before? you may need a battery that spits out more power.

It only happens when its cold. Yes I got the correct battery. When I park in the garage at night like 20 degrees in there I don't have an issue. Leave it outside at about 10 degree or less then just clicking.

TheOKCAggie said:
It only happens when its cold. Yes I got the correct battery. When I park in the garage at night like 20 degrees in there I don't have an issue. Leave it outside at about 10 degree or less then just clicking.

Yup block hearter I need to get ome for my 04 tj 4.0 also

Back