Tiressss

jackflack44

If I run 31" tires right now with no regearing can i just throw some 32"s on and not be overcome with performance loss?

Depends how wide you go as well. What tires are you thinking?

Bo: 2.5 Liter, 4.10 gearing, AX15, NV231, 2 inch budget lift.

Ethan: I'm not quite sure, looking for a 31-32" all-terrain that'll get about 50,000 miles. On a 15 inch wheel. How can I tell how much backspacing I need for rims? Also, should I go 10" or 7"? It's a DD but I want to be able to take it on some intermediate offroad trails without much trouble.

Last edited:
You might lose fifth on the highway shouldn't be bad in the city I have a 4.0 with 3.07s and I'm try to find an 8.8 with 4.10s but you can run them and if you want 50,000 miles your best bet would be BF Goorich All Terrain, they've been known for high mileage fairly good performance on the trails they also have the same 3ply sidewalks as what used to be in the old mud terrain they had.

I'm thinking I'll stay with a 31" tire because the jeep still has 5th gear with these, which is nice. So you think that tire would do well?

I think it would perform great! There's also the pro comp all terrain not the xtreme all terrain just the all terrain that comes with a 50000 mile warranty but its 2 ply sidewalls so there's a chance of it getting punctured easily, but you can take a look at both alot of people run the BFG's and it's for a reason I have them on my jeep right now but I'm taking the set I have off because there only 29's and I'm going up to 32's :) I bought a set of BFG Mud terrains in replacement of the all terrains.

Hows the flex with the 31's? Measure the true height of your 31's and the 32's your interested in putting on it. Different brands run different sizes. Also rim width can change this. My 35"tires are actually 33". Good luck

The main problem isn't your gearing it's the 2.5. I'm not saying it's a bad engine it's just a bit of a dog when you start adding extra weight. You could put the 32's on and re-gear and be fine.

Guy I have 35's with stock gears and a |6. It's not a rocketship it's a jeep.. She takes off slow but she still has power. =] But I rarely see fifth gear.

With stock gears? Are you crazy?! Im surprised you even see 4th the guys who run 33's with the I6 don't see fifth with stock gearing, I'm surprised you have seen it with the 35's you gas mileage must suck on top of that, I know I know its a jeep there gas mileage always sucks but I'm saying wayy worse then usual!

TheGhost45 said:
With stock gears? Are you crazy?! Im surprised you even see 4th the guys who run 33's with the I6 don't see fifth with stock gearing, I'm surprised you have seen it with the 35's you gas mileage must suck on top of that, I know I know its a jeep there gas mileage always sucks but I'm saying wayy worse then usual!

Yes with stock gears, and I am in fact crazy. =] When I see fifth gear I'm usually going downhill. Haha not much use for it but to keep the 35's going at a constant speed. And yes the gas mileage is terrible but I love my jeep and don't care. If my gas gauge even worked I bet I could watch it go down while in 4WD. =]

Lol! That's awesome sounds like a solid die hard jeeper proud to hear that man :)

TheGhost45 said:
Lol! That's awesome sounds like a solid die hard jeeper proud to hear that man :)

Yea I got my YJ about a year ago and I love it to death. I have a brand new 2011 chevy cruze and I don't even drive it lol.

TheGhost45 said:
Sell it for more part and other fun stuff for the yj! :D

I have a baby due anyday now.. I think I'll keep it a while longer. :p But that would be a great idea. -thinking-

Sry jack.. Kind of off topic from your question.. Didn't mean to take over your thread. Lol

Back