Jeep CJ/Scout drag link

big_o_tom

I got a CJ-7 with a set of scout axles. The front hasn't been installed yet. I'm going to try and do it this summer. My ? is does anybody make a drag link to fit my application? It need's to be longer than a CJ's and it will use a CJ tie rod end on one end and a scout tie rod end on the other end.

it's easy enough, and probably way cheaper and stronger to just make what you need. you can tackle this two ways depending on how you want to spend your money. here is how I did it. I got 1 ton gm TRE, the threads are 3/4" 18 tpi so I got some 1.25" .25 wall DOM and bore and tap the ends, one end is right hand and the other is left hand threads. then made a drag link to the stock pitman arm. with another right hand thread gm 1 ton tre. you will have to re-taper your knuckles and your pitman arm, but the taper is fairly standard.

or

you can use 1.5, .25 wall DOM and get weld in inserts and run heims. Ruff Stuff sells budget minded Heims that are actually really good quality, on the pass side knuckle a couple misallignment spacers on the drag link heim, good to go.

4311d1262807495t-johnnys-94-yj-one-big-poop-s1030181.jpg

Not the best pic, but this is what looked like when I built it. you can make it essentially any size you want

Back