Fab four front stinger bumper.

TeddESP

Hello, I just put a fab four extreme winch bumper on my 93 YJ. I purchased this secondhand and knew it was modified to fit a YJ because that's what the guy took it off. I can get two bolts in and it's pretty solid. Is it worth welding it to my frame to make it more solid?

I would say yes if you plan to take it off road. There is a huge difference between feeling pretty solid, and finding out just how solid it is when you hit a tree or a rock.

Yea I can see it move around a little on bumps and stuff.. I'm taking it down to a buddies shop Thursday hopefully to get it (tic welded?) I'm clueless when it comes to welding. :p

Haha TIG...but im pretty clueless when it comes to welding too. I can do wire feed welding and that's about it.

I would look at modding the bumper to make it bolt on application before I simply weld it to the frame. depending on the bumper, if you ever have to service the steering box, I have noticed a lot of aftermarket bumpers interfer with steering gear removal, so pulling the bumper is needed first. this may not apply to you, but just an FYI

The bumper I have is for a 97-06 TJ/LJ and I have a YJ so there were already some modifications done. I have two bolts in there already but I would like to make it more stable because I plan on getting a winch sometime in the future so I want it solid. I guess if worse came to worse and I needed to take it off I could just take a grinder to it. Lol

Here's a pic..

Attachments

• image-2067189643.jpg
    image-2067189643.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,149
Back