This is not the week for kimmy...

KimmytheJeep

I just had to have her towed because I didn't have the tools to pull her tire. I now hate American Racing rims and curse whoever decided they ought to be on her. Any who.... When ever I turn my stering wheel to the left it makes the clicking sound like my blinker is on but there is no lights.... Could this be a problem with the switch or an electrical problem? Oh and it turns off when I turn the wheel back to straight or turn it right. Oh and do they make a thin deepwell tire iron or should I just invest in a decent wrench and the socket?

I would check your wiring in your steering column for the blinker issue and for the lug nut tool of choice for me is my half inch breaker bar... You can out any size socket on it you want... Plus it is easier to store then most irons

I didn't think about getting a breaker bar. That would help with my leverage issue too.... Thanks!! I will have to take a look at her but when it comes to wiring..... I'm not that well informed...

Are you sure its the blinker, or even an electrical issue? It could be your u joint. That will click when you turn if its bad.

re: the blinker, sounds like the clock spring in the column. if everything is working, woulnd't worry, you blinkers may not go off when the wheel returns to center.. I would personally just deal with it.

Not sure what your rims have to do with someone over tightening your lug nuts. 100-110 ft lbs, no more. idiots that work at a lot of the garages that install tires, simply use a torque stick when tightening lug nuts, those sticks are supposed to be calibrated regularly... shocking, but lot sof times they are not. so your lug nuts are over tighten, can cause rotor warping, hard to remove lug nuts, gauled threads, etc.. when ever I have tires installed, I always go home, take off each lug nut, put some litheum grease on the stud, and torque the lug nut to 100-110 ft lbs.

My rims are the kinds that kinda "hide" the lug nuts.... its not because of tightening. Its not the u-joint. Had that problem before. The sond is in the stering column/dash blinkers work all the time just have the annoying sound...

Back