Softopper for yj

Ktownlax23

Yea yea, Im noob. Ok, I just ordered (and paid for, its in transit) the frameless soft top from SOFTOPPERS. Anyone have any experience with these? How easy is it to go full topless? I have full hard doors and that is recommended for this product, however i WANT half doors!! Any suggestions or input would be great.

i don't. i have hard top and hard doors but i want a soft top. sorry to not be of help but i didn't want you to feel like no one read this or commented

I am also considering the frameless soft top for my 97 Sahara with full steel doors. I would also like to hear what experiences others have had with these soft tops.

Thanks for starting this post.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. Haha. Don't feel so noobish now. The top is arriving Friday. I'll post my review along with pics!!

They are pretty neat looking, but they look like they are a pretty loose fit new. It makes me wonder how they will hold up after a few years. Sounds pretty risky for something over $400. Not trying to put it down or be mean or anything... just saying what I see.

They are pretty neat looking, but they look like they are a pretty loose fit new. It makes me wonder how they will hold up after a few years. Sounds pretty risky for something over $400. Not trying to put it down or be mean or anything... just saying what I see.

I hear ya. I just wanted to try something new. I hate the hardtop on my YJ and the standard softop looks like everyone else's YJ. The material is sail cloth, so it should fit pretty snug. Go to softopper.com and check out the video they have on the fit. It looks snug as hell. Ill have pics up friday night. And no, you didn't burst my bubble yet. However, if the top is crap, I am blaming you entirely ;-)

I hear ya. I just wanted to try something new. I hate the hardtop on my YJ and the standard softop looks like everyone else's YJ. The material is sail cloth, so it should fit pretty snug. Go to softopper.com and check out the video they have on the fit. It looks snug as hell. Ill have pics up friday night. And no, you didn't burst my bubble yet. However, if the top is crap, I am blaming you entirely ;-)

My before pic

Attachments

• YJ.jpg
    YJ.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 2,767

Sick looking jeep, tell me about it. :p I'm a YJ fanatic.

Sick looking jeep, tell me about it. :p I'm a YJ fanatic.

92 YJ. 4'' Rough Country lift. 33 ProComp All Terrains. Black Mountain brush bar, rear bumper and sidesteps (so called rock rails, not very effective, haha). Down side, its a 4 banger but we are working on that. Soon to be a 6 if I can find the right deal.

Corbeau front seats and 2 8'' subs built in behind the rear bench.

Next on my list.. I have to get new shocks and I think I may get the whole thing painted!!!

Ktownlax23 said:

Lol! Cool. You can blame me for the jinx if it all goes to hell. =D I did check out the website though. Thats where the post came from. It just looks kinda floppy to me. The bright side is that it really does make it look different than all the other soft tops. I really like the way they look. Very cool. I hope it works out. Keep us posted.

P.s. I don't think having a 4 banger is a downside at all. They do great out there on the trails. Its all about the gearing from what I've been told. You should read through some of the other posts on here about the subject. They made me glad I chose the ol 4 cyl.

Ktownlax23 said:
92 YJ. 4'' Rough Country lift. 33 ProComp All Terrains. Black Mountain brush bar, rear bumper and sidesteps (so called rock rails, not very effective, haha). Down side, its a 4 banger but we are working on that. Soon to be a 6 if I can find the right deal.

Corbeau front seats and 2 8'' subs built in behind the rear bench.

Next on my list.. I have to get new shocks and I think I may get the whole thing painted!!!

I have a 95 YJ...thinking of getting the Rough Country 4" for mine. Have you had any problems, or issues with it?

Ktownlax23 said:
Your right. 4 banger is helpful off road. But damn, this thing doesn't get out of it's own way on the road

I don't really have to much of a problem just tooting around town. She gets up and goes just fine. The freeway, however, is a different story. It does okay, but im not winning any races. I don't really care about that though. Its off road that really matters most to me. That's why I got it.

Prrthd5_0 said:
I have a 95 YJ...thinking of getting the Rough Country 4" for mine. Have you had any problems, or issues with it?

I have a 93 YJ.. Also curious what you think about the lift. =]

Nah, no issues with the lift at all!! I didn't install it. That goes beyond my skills. However, i work for land rover. So i wheel with all the rovers and was helping my buddy who did the actual work. Didn't look to complicated.

Top just arrived!!!!! Install begins shortly!! Will post pics later on

Top is pretty cool. Easy install. Only issue is door surrounds don't line up that well. Pain in the ass

Attachments

• image-2234494305.png
    image-2234494305.png
    789.2 KB · Views: 7,588

I think it would!! However my driver door is all jacked up. The welds came apart at the place where the window and the steel meet. I'm having it welded wed. Other then that, it should. I love the look of it!! So far, very happy. As it is. While driving, rain will stay out. Parked. It will not.

Back