1960 CJ5 – Parking Brake??? Pictures???

ujntgbyh

I have a 1960 CJ5 that originally came equipped with a transfer case mounted parking brake drum assembly. Unfortunately a former owner has removed all the parking brake components. I still have the backing plate, but need a good picture to guide me on what all the components are that I need, and how they are assembled. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, -blake

I have a 1960 CJ5 that originally came equipped with a transfer case mounted parking brake drum assembly. Unfortunately a former owner has removed all the parking brake components. I still have the backing plate, but need a good picture to guide me on what all the components are that I need, and how they are assembled. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, -blake

Your easiest bet might be to contact a place like Surplus City Jeep Parts (they specialize in Military Jeeps and old CJs). They should be able to sell you a complete take-off unit or at least all the parts. I can't remember if 1960 has the hand pull on the dash or the lever between the seats but you may need some of those parts too. There is a cable that goes down to the transfer and a forged lever sticking out of the brake that actuates the shoes. Also, if your rear seal leaks it will wet the shoes pretty quickly. Best of luck - John

Back