Tire pressure sensor light?

Bejeeperz09

My tire pressure sensor light is on, on my 09 wrangler unlimited. The dealer mechanic checked the tire pressure on all five tires. Updated the computer clusters and the light still stays on. Has anybody else had this problem or any further suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Pretty much need a scanner to see what's going on. Usually have to re program sensor Ids into wcm. If they don't take then a sensor may be bad

Jester32 said:
Pretty much need a scanner to see what's going on. Usually have to re program sensor Ids into wcm. If they don't take then a sensor may be bad

Thanks for the tip? The tech at the dealer, couldn't work it out and ordered a new cluster for the onboard computer, and see if that works.seems to be a techie problem.

Ya. I'm a Chrysler tech and do this stuff all day. Very seldom is it a cluster prob. It's usually a sensor. But that's just me.

X2 with Jester. Replacing the cluster will NOT fix the tire sensor issue. The cluster's only function is to provide illumination and chime if there is any fault reported by the WCM(wireless control module). The WCM is the module that receives , monitors and stores the information from all of the tire pressure sensors. A scantool in conjunction with the RKE/TPM tool is required to diagnose this issue properly. Did you see them use any of these tools?

so, wranglers have tire pressure sensors now? we have moved into the age of technology, for real, now

Ya. It's law in Canada anything 2009 and newer must have them.

a idiot light to tell you your getting a flat now that tops the cake
I think if you don't know your getting a flat you don't need to be driving lol
its just something else to spend more money
every vehicle I have I disconnected seat belt buzzer, head light buzzer, air bags , key in ignition buzzer , ect feels good getting in a car and not feeling like your at Macy s

54cj3b said:
a idiot light to tell you your getting a flat now that tops the cake
I think if you don't know your getting a flat you don't need to be driving lol
its just something else to spend more money
every vehicle I have I disconnected seat belt buzzer, head light buzzer, air bags , key in ignition buzzer , ect feels good getting in a car and not feeling like your at Macy s

Haha! Amen to that!

Back