Should I install a motor mount lift to go with my body lift?

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I'm installing a JKS 1.25" body lift, and the instructions gush about the benefits of a motor mount lift when coupled with a body lift. I had planned on doing motor mount lift, and actually purchased a kit from Brown Dog Offroad.

Now that I've been doing more research, most people say that it isn't needed, so my question is, is there any reason not to install the motor mount lift? It would seem to be cleaner than installing the transfer case adapter, and hacking the radiator shroud.

You got the info on pros and cons. I'd do it cause my next mod would be a belly up.

Like you said, if you don't do the motor mount lift you're going to have to cut up your fan shroud and could possible have other clearance issues. I'd say install the motor mount lift especially if you already have it. You may not technically *need* to do it, but you'll be glad you did. I'm very happy with the combo myself. Now if only I could come up with the money for new 35" tires that I have clearance for now...

Jason4x4 said:
Now if only I could come up with the money for new 35" tires that I have clearance for now...

I have the opposite problem, I have the tires, just not the clearance. Lol :p

A con is it may cause manual shifter interference with the tub at the back of the shifter opening. It could also negatively affect front and rear driveline angles.

Back