CJ Back Seat Bolts?????

Shinnysideup

Having a hard time finding info on the bolt size for the rear seat on my 1980 CJ 5.

Can anyone tell me what size the 5 bolts are for the rear seat?

those came with rear seats from teh factory? man, i would be worried to ride back there, ha ha ha.

i have no idea on the size but i figured you would want to know people are reading your thread

Ya the wife keeps complaining about the ratchet straps when I take the fam out for a ride.

Figured it was a long shot.

Thanks

I got a later model rear seat out of the junk yard only 2 bolts on the floor. I slides in to a mounted bracket put in carter pins and then it laches to the side. You can have it out in a minute and use the back of your jeep instead of having it bolted down. Just a thought.

jarbidge09 said:
I got a later model rear seat out of the junk yard only 2 bolts on the floor. I slides in to a mounted bracket put in carter pins and then it laches to the side. You can have it out in a minute and use the back of your jeep instead of having it bolted down. Just a thought.

That sounds fantastic, and exactly what I've been dreaming of. I have big dogs so it would be really nice to have a set up like that. What did you get it out of?

7/16" fine thread is what I needed for my 1980 CJ7. Had to order a package of 25 to get 5 bolts for mine. Got plenty left. Spring for postage and I will send you 5. Got more then I will ever need. Shoot me a PM

I am pretty new to Forum's so I doubt my PM went through. It said I had to have 10 posts to PM.

I would certainly pay the shipping and really appreciate you responding.

Thanks

yep, same problem here. Are you on jeep forum? Don't want to post personal info on an open forum? I have the same screen name there and on jeep-cj.com as well

Back