TO WELD R NOT TO WELD

Tug-n-pull

Welcome Barf Jones! If you want em to stay nothing says stay like a good bead of weld. You can always cut and grind if you dont like it. I would say why not weld em strenght is everything. My 2 cents Tug[addsig]

RGR THAT TUG
thought i should to but wanted to hear somone else say ya
im new to lifts. put powertrax no slips in the front and rear same time
sure feals diffrent[addsig]

There are some real knowledgable folk here abouts so set back and wait a bit they all give you the word. I am just a poor country boy come to the big city to do good. I too am just entering intop the world of lifts and have changed my mind to and fro so many times that I am not sure what to do next. SOA, Rough Country or Rubicon Express lift. 2.5" with 31"s or bigger or much bigger. Hard to make up your mind as to what is the best road to travel is here. One thing for sure when I do get to the point of doing my lift I plan to bolt what I have to, Weld what I can and make it seem like the lift I go with looks and feels like it grew there when I get done. I hope that helps some what. Again welcome and remember you need to put in at least as much as you take out around here! From the sounds of it you have a bunch of knowledge for us to loan from once in a while. Tell us about them powertrax you got there. Tug :-D [addsig]

TUG... why 31's? why not 33's? any particular reason?

welcome to the board barf!

edited by: JP, Mar 02, 2003 - 09:05 PM[addsig]

to Old and Fat to climb that high. hehehehehe :-D tug[addsig]

My .02:

Most name brand parts out there today have been R&D'd enough to fit and work properly. I'm not saying all are good, but they usually work just fine. If you are having knocking, banging, hitting, or any other of those annoying "ing's" check out the install or for possibly incorrect or missing parts. Call the manufacture for help. If the problem can't be solved. Send it back.

As for the welding. I am a big fan of doing the job right the first time, but from past experience, I've seen Jeepers install 1inch body lifts with 31 inch tires? Some 2 1/2 springs? and others do something else or even both. More times than not Jeepers end up changing it all out again for an even larger and higher setup. Maybe 3 1/2 to 5 inch lifts with 33 to 35 inch tires? (It happens alot) Before you do any welding, make sure your not going to change again.

If the product is good and the installation is correct, you shouldn't have have problems. (Until you slam it off a rock)

:cool: [addsig]

A small tack weld or even some JB weld can be a good temporary test to see if that is what you'll want... if you like it secured there, then finish the job with a good bead... if you don't like it, break the tack or pry the JB off... I personally would weld it anyway, because manipulating metal is fun either way[addsig]

Back