new guy

72cj5

hello everyone

Just got on the site and love all of it. I am the proud new owner of a 1972 cj5 in very decent shape. Currently it has 57000 original miles. I purchased it in the middle of the previous owner swapping in a chevy 350 c.i. motor and a 12 inch clutch. It already has a fiberglass body, new seats, new top, newer tires, new carpet, new shocks,...etc..... I am woeking on finishing the conversion right now and hopefully I can get some pictures on here before too long.

I have already gotten a lot of good info off of this site and I'm sure I will find some more, I just hope that I can return the favor with some helpful advise for someone else one of these days. So to all of you thanks for all of the help. :) [addsig]

hey and welcome..... so is the 350 swaped yet or are you gonna finish it?
[addsig]

Welcome and sounds like you are on the road to a great CJ5 there. Keep us posted on the progress and let us know if you need any help! Tug[addsig]

yes, the 350 is in, but I haven't started it yet. I still have a couple of things to finish, like the exhaust, and then it will be ready to run. Before I can drive it though, I have to find the inspection cover that goes under the clutch. When the previous owner bought the bellhousing he didn't get the cover, and he doesn't know what it is out of. That problems solution may be a fabricated sheet metal cover!![addsig]

Hi and welcome. Sounds like you have a great setup going, I'd go with the sheet metal pan cover since that's basically all it is anyways............Bullet[addsig]

Back