TJ Electrical Issues

jackflack44

So recently, I went to turn on my headlights, pulled the knob, got lights, look down, no dash lights, nothing except odometer, drive home, get pulled over by a cop. Turns out, I have no brake lights. Get home, push the knob in, slowly pull it out, lights come on when I hold the knob in a certain manner. After holding it in that position, suddenly a stream of smoke streams out of the middle of the dashboard. I don't know where to begin to look.

In a separate issue I put in a stereo and new sound bar, and suddenly the right half of my sound bar doesn't work. Checked all the new wiring I did on the stereo, it all cleared the ohm test. This happened before the first problem.

Any helps appreciated! This may need to be in the electrical section, not sure...

Wow man...I don't have the answer for you, but I just wanted you to know that I feel your pain. That's a horrible feeling. I hate electrical issues.

Don't blame you one bit. You think its possible that some of the new wiring was crossed with the old stuff? I've had that happen before, and it made it smoke just like that.

That would also explain the shorting out of the lights too.

A suggestion I see all the time with electrical issues is to check all your grounds and make sure they're good. Don't know if this is it but it's possible. :p good luck!

Back