heat reduction flooring

The heeper

Is there a really great product for flooring heat reduction-we have 1981 CJ7, and we live in Phoenix...Thank you!

We used sprayed in bedliner for truck beds.The rough texture acts like a cool deck on a pool.Before you couldn't touch it:twisted: now you can.Were in Glendale
Mike

JC Whitney and Jegs both sell some great heat blocking matting. I used the adhesive spray they also sell to stick it down. I used that in my Commando and it worked great. I lived in VA in the summer and had the same issue. I didn't need the truck and road heat adding to the misery from above while sitting in traffic!

I even went so far as to bypass my heater core in the summer due to the incidental air blowing in from the cowl vent, it just wouldn't go completely off.

We used sprayed in bedliner for truck beds.The rough texture acts like a cool deck on a pool.Before you couldn't touch it:twisted: now you can.Were in Glendale
Mike

I believe we have that on our truck bed. So if we took out the seats and related do you have an idea of what the cost would be for a cj7?

Have you ever tried "lizard skin?" Thank you for your help Mike!
Carrie

JC Whitney and Jegs both sell some great heat blocking matting. I used the adhesive spray they also sell to stick it down. I used that in my Commando and it worked great. I lived in VA in the summer and had the same issue. I didn't need the truck and road heat adding to the misery from above while sitting in traffic!

I even went so far as to bypass my heater core in the summer due to the incidental air blowing in from the cowl vent, it just wouldn't go completely off.

Hi Tim in Washington! Thank you for your help I will show this idea to my husband. It is an option we have not heard of yet. You are so right about the vent sending out hot air when we do not need -- especially in Phoenix.

I wondered if you have heard of "lizard skin?" It looks like you would have to be pretty good at applying, but I heard it helps with heat and noise.

Thank you for taking the time to help us Tim!
Carrie

The heeper said:
Hi Tim in Washington! Thank you for your help I will show this idea to my husband. It is an option we have not heard of yet. You are so right about the vent sending out hot air when we do not need -- especially in Phoenix.

I wondered if you have heard of "lizard skin?" It looks like you would have to be pretty good at applying, but I heard it helps with heat and noise.

Thank you for taking the time to help us Tim!
Carrie

Yah I have heard of lizard skin, never actually used it. I saw them put it on a jeep on xtreme 4x4 on tv. From what o hear, it does wonders for keeping the heat out. But it's really expensive. That's why I went with huculiner, it did reduce the heat not completely gone but low enough to not burn my toes.

I believe we have that on our truck bed. So if we took out the seats and related do you have an idea of what the cost would be for a cj7?

Have you ever tried "lizard skin?" Thank you for your help Mike!
Carrie
Probably about 200 bucks.You can buy it and do it yourself but you have to sand the floor to do it.That why i paid to have it done.Its a dirty job.I went to ole el cheapo Earl Scheib on Cave Creek Road.He was doing it for 175.

dslywalker said:
Probably about 200 bucks.You can buy it and do it yourself but you have to sand the floor to do it.That why i paid to have it done.Its a dirty job.I went to ole el cheapo Earl Scheib on Cave Creek Road.He was doing it for 175.

Dude, that's half the fun!!

Back