Removing Transfer Case Lowering Kit?

Dac25

I was wondering if anyone might be of some assistance. I have a 2004 X Wramgler with a 3" suspension lift. THe lift kit is just a basic setup, so I had to lower the transfer case and even install engine mounts (neither of which I really wanted to do, but the instructions called for it).
What I would like to do is remove both of those setups and was wondering if installing a CV diveshaft and Slip Yoke would make that possible. I really enjoy the height and stance that I have over the stock model, but feel like since this has bee installed something just isn't quite right. Hope I make sense to someone out there (my wife thinks I'm nuts).

You are right in your thinking. A CV shaft & a SYE will replace those two.

Just keep in mind that you need to change the angle of the pinion for the CV shaft to work, so new adjustable control arms are also needed for a TJ (on a YJ, you just need to weld in new perches). Not a big issue, but something to keep in mind budget wise... If you dont fix the angle, the Jeep becomes a rattle at anything over 35 mph!

Adjustable upper control arms would be needed in the rear. Consider a belly-up skidplate and keeping the motor mount lift if increased ground clearance is important to you. The stock TJ skid is a major shovel.

So, it soumds like I should invest in control arms and possibly a skid plate before installing a cv or slip yoke. Am I getting that right?

You will need to install the SYE, CV driveshaft, and adj upper control arms at the same time. The belly-up skid can be installed at a later date but it's optimal to install them all at once.

Back