2004 Jeep Wrangler will not start!! Please help!!

I left my gps plugged in all day in my 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport and now it wont start!! I've changed the battery, starter, fuses and starter relay. I took the battery harness off and cleaned it really well and replaced it. when i put the key in and try to start everything comes on like its going to start but the engine does not turn over! Any help with this is much appreciated. I have a 2004 Jeep Wrangle Sport 4 L 6 cycl manual trans

Can you hear the starter going?
    1997 TJ, 2.5L Manual
    "Jeep is America's only real sports car." -Enzo Ferrari

Re: 2004 Jeep Wrangler will not start!! Please help!!

i just asked my bro if heard the starter when i tried to start it and he said no

is there soething else i should check if i cant hear the starter?

Check the clutch switch. Make sure it's plugged in. If it is, make sure the e.brake is on, trans in neutral then disconnect the clutch safety switch. Find a paperclip and make a U shape out of it. Install the paperclip on the switch harness connector then try to start it. If it starts, the switch is bad. The switch is located on the clutch pedal rod.
    Confucious says: Don't eat the snow where the huskies go!

Thanks Steelheadz, I will check that... I really appreciate the help and will let you know if that works!!

Steelheadz, im having a really hard time find the clutch switch, can you give me some further guidance? I really appreciate all the help....

Jeff

#2 is the wiring and #3 is the switch. If i remember correctly, the connector is either green or black. Look under the dash board and follow the clutch pedal up to the pivot base. You should see the rod connected to the pedal and the other end goes through the firewall. That rod should have the switch attached to it and the wiring should be next to it.

we disconnected the 2 prong connector under the dash and inserted the paper clip and still no luck.... I really appreciate your help but nothing seems to be working.... everything comes on but the engine will no turn over...

10. Re: 2004 Jeep Wrangler will not start!! Please help!!

Quote Originally Posted by jfarmer39 View Post
    we disconnected the 2 prong connector under the dash and inserted the paper clip and still no luck.... I really appreciate your help but nothing seems to be working.... everything comes on but the engine will no turn over...
    I am having this same problem. I turn the key to on, all of the dash lights and stereo come on, the battery charge meter goes to 12 o'clock, but when I turn the key to start nothing happens. I don't hear the starter turning.

I think the problem for me is that the battery cable that leads to the start has heavy corrosion on the connectors. I would also check that to see if your start is getting sufficient power. I am in the process of removing the connectors on the starter and cleaning them off.

11. You had to have blown a fuse if you know where to get to it on your jeep, I'm not sire, but to me it seems your last resort is a fuse??

Check for a 12v on the starter cable with the key on the start position. If theres a battery voltage present, the starter is bad. If theres no voltage present, check the starter relay on the PDC.

go behind the glove box, there is a fuse block there for your nuetral safety circuit, pull the fuse for the circuit, this will allow you to start the jeep without the clutch being disengaged, also check the IGN fuses under the hood, and you can also take a screw driver and cross the solenoid and starter and see if the starter bendix engages or not, if this does not work then you need a new starter