CJ7 exhaust for sb 350 swap?

cairo10

I am pulling the I6 and dropping a sb Chevy 350 in its place on our 84 CJ7.

I'm looking for ideas for the exhaust. I found Hedman has a set of headers for a CJ with a sb 350. What do you recommend for exhaust? I had side pipes on my 76 CJ that had an AMC 304 and really liked them.

Are there other headers that you'd recommend as well? Something that won't put me in the poor house?

Thanks,

i had fenderwell headers on my 77 cj and loved them but they rust out fast unless you get ceramic.....

can you do stock manifolds, the ram's head stock manifolds are very good stock manifolds and came on vettes form the factory. i see them on ebay regularly for 50 bucks a set. then run side pipes? i will be so jealous if you run side pipes. i have wanted side pipes on anything since i got my license. i keep getting told that unless they were offered from the factory then i won't pass inspection. that is what kept me from putting them on my 65 mustang.

If you have had side pipes and like them well great. I had them and hated driving with them on my 77 CJ5 327. Too loud and stinky with the pipe exit right under my butt.
I used block hugger style headers, most every header Co. makes that style. I agree with the early rams head style iron manifolds too. Fender exiting headers can be a pain with steering and clutch clearance issues.

Thanks! I'll look into the rams head manifold too.

Several years ago, I had a 76 CJ7 w/ the 304, 3sp, vacuum 4x4 setup. The engine had a performance cam, offenhauser manifold, holley 4bbl, hooker headers and glass packs & side pipes. I actually liked the sound and side exit. While it was fun to drive, I wasn't thrilled with the overall performance setup.

I'm excited to set this one up with the 350.

Back