Ford 302 to a T-176

82CJ7JEEP

Quick question, I am building a stroked 302 :lol: for the CJ, Currently have a T-176 Transmission. Will these mount together or will I need to get a new bellhousing? Thanks in advance.

Quick question, I am building a stroked 302 :lol: for the CJ, Currently have a T-176 Transmission. Will these mount together or will I need to get a new bellhousing? Thanks in advance.

The T176 is a Ford designed transmission and uses the standard Ford bolt pattern. I don’t know about the different shaft lengths that may or may not have been available.

A really good way to find out for sure is to make a template out of some cardboard, and hold it against the bellhousing. You get a match= you're golden

Thank you, I will make the template when the block gets back from the machine shop. Thanks for the information.

Saddle Tramp, it is mated to a AMC 360 right now. I will have to verify shaft length once the 302 is complete and ready to install. Until that time I am thrashing the 360 as it will get an overhaul when it comes out, then to find the next CJ to drop it in

Back