my 84 cj w/ 4.2 will not start

quader220

after new starter, starter cylinoid, new battery cables , battery, rotor ,cap ,ignition module! my cj will not start has spark finally but sstill wont start the fuel is coming out my header(exaust isnt on) ANYONE PLZZ HELLPP

Little hole? Maybe im a little unfamiliar with the set up, but don't you just clamp the timing light onto you #1 plug wire, and then point it at the mark on the pulley?

does anyone noe what wires go to cylinoid ?.> and / or starter ?.> and /or coil????

Try this:

Wiring Diagram

Circuit and Wiring Diagram for Automotive, Car, Motorcycle, Truck, Audio, Radio, Electronic Devices, Home and House Appliances

Search Results for "jeep+cj+ignition+switch+schematic"

Sponsored Links

Jeep CJ-5 Wiring Diagram

Thursday, 24. February 2011 by wire
The following schematic illustrates the Jeep CJ-5 Wiring Diagram(with F-head four cylinder engine).
1. Left headlight
2. Left parking light
3. Right parking light
4. Right headlight
5. Negative ground cable
6. Generator
7. Distributor
8. Battery
9. Positive cable
10. Ignition coil
11. Coolant temperature sending unit
12. Starter motor
13. Voltage regulator
14. Starter switch
15. Fuse
16. Instrument cluster
17. Ignition switch
18. Horn button
19. Directional signal switch
20. Right tail and stop light
21. Left tail and stop light
22. Fuel gauge sending unit
23. Light switch
24. Stop light switch
25. Dimmer switch
26. Oil pressure sending unit
27. Horn
28. Junction block

Category: Automotive,Jeep,Jeep CJ-5 Comments (0)
Jeep CJ2A Electrical Wiring Diagram

Friday, 29. January 2010 by wire
The following schematic shows the Jeep CJ2A Electrical Wiring Diagram and Cable Harness Layout.
1 – Left headlight
2 – Left parking light
3 – Right parking light
4 – Right headlight
5 – Generator
6 – Distributor
7 – Voltage regulator
8 – Negative ground cable
9 – Battery
10 – Positive cable
11 – Starting motor
12 – Starting switch
13 – Horn
14 – Ignition coil
15 – Ignition switch
16 – Ammeter
17 – Dash light
18 – Tell-tale light
19 – Fuel gauge
20 – Light switch
21 – Fuel gauge sending unit
22 – Tail and stop light
23 – Light switch circuit breaker
24 – Dimmer switch
25 – Stop light switch
26 – Junction block

20081204_211522_cj_ignition-1.gif

woow.. thank you that helps alot. i looked all over for something like that.. im goin to check the timing today w/ my father! ill let ya know how it turns out i traded a kx 125 for my jeep, no rot in body great tub. 104,000 on it front and back aftermarket bumbpers w 9000 winch 33 in swampers... five point harness seats.

timing is perfect spark is good... wont fire still? i think i dont have tehe wiring right on this one anyone help me with a wiring skimatic for a jeep cj7 81motor 84 body

there are a few in the posts above.

if you have spark, and you have fuel, then all that is left is air, which you obviously have. so the only thing that can keep it from firing now is the timing of the ignition is not right. what did you do to check the timing is perfect?

if you have all three parts for combustion, its not hard to get it to start. just need everything to meet at the same time

i brought cylinder one up to top position then looked under ca set button which was perfect,, i got spark to plug wires , still not firing i put new wires what would i have to do for ignition timing plzz helppp

very helpfull, i appreciate the very fast respones man.....i have my wiring all messed up i ripped motor out in one hour in the dark.... forgot where alot of the wiring goes.. no i can put all wires back and hopefully itll fire with no more money invested....im tryin to get a rad for my jeep i busted it taking motor out by myself can i use my chevy blazer 1977 both sticks..????

Back