'95 transmission help *urgent*

K.13

I blew all the synchros except for 4th last night. Would the transmission out of a '89 with a carbed straight 6 fit in mine? They both are 5 speeds. I need to know soon, before I send the jeep out to get fixed and rack up another huge repair build. Thanks for any help.

Wowzers...how'd' you smoke the synchros in 4 out of 5 gears in one night? Mustav been some night. Anywaaay...the "89 YJ 6cyl came with a pigout er I mean Peugeot BA10 5spd. The AX15(I'm guessing you have a 6cyl) that you just ate up is a much stronger & more realiable trans than the Peugeot. I don't think the swap you're talking about would be worth the effort. Unless you like blowing up 5spds.

I got the 4 banger, I guess I forgot to mention that part. I'm assuming that mine is the AX15 as well? And how did I manage to blow all of them??? If I knew... I'd love to tell ya. I got no clue how it happened.. and the fact that all blew but 4th... while I was in 5th... really really confuses me. thanks for the responses so far.
oh, never mind that AX15, I got the AX5...? I should probably just go and find a new Jeep, it'd probably be easier.

Last edited:
Back