TJ steering stabilizer question

Jason4x4

So as most of you know I have an '06 TJ. I've got a fair amount of suspension modifications and have upgraded the tie rod and steering stabilizer. Having said that, this morning I was walking the dog and saw a TJ Rubicon sitting in the parking lot. As I was checking it out I saw that it didn't seem to be in particularly good shape, but it did have a small lift (I'm guessing 2-3"). It had what certainly appeared to be a stock steering setup (tie rod/drag link), but it had an aftermarket stabilizer. What seemed weird was that the stabilizer appeared to be somehow mounted underneath the tie rod (as opposed to mine and all other TJ's I've seen which mount above the drag link). The stabilizer was just hanging there begging to be smashed to bits on the first rock that the owner would try to climb over. Is this some kind of setup you've seen before? Is it a stock setup from a different vehicle that is somehow stronger or something? Or is the owner just an idiot?

Sorry, didn't get any pictures.

Some of the Stabilizers are more of a universal fit, and clamp on. I could see how once you remove the stock on you may forget how to put the replacement back correctly.

I've learned more expensive lessons before :)

Back